(Featured above: orthobrain founder Dr. Dan German presents at our third-annual Startup Showcase.)
It was a very busy year for our technology startup programs. Our team worked to expand connections for founders, continue mentorship and create strong bonds for our entrepreneurs. Many of our clients are still navigating restrictions created by the pandemic, but several saw success last year with hard work and determination.
On September 30, we hosted our third-annual Startup Showcase, which featured our most promising startups from our six entrepreneurial programs. The event brought together the entrepreneurial community for a day full of speakers, workshops, presentations and networking. We can’t wait to make 2022’s showcase an even bigger success!
The Technology Incubator is our signature program for growing startups developing a proprietary technology product or service that needs space, support, and access to experts and mentors. In 2021, we welcomed eight new clients to our incubator and currently have 33 clients to date.
Check out who we welcomed last year:
In the News
Several of our current and former Bounce clients have been making waves in the news. Here are some highlights:
- SweatID recently exhibited at the CES 2022 conference in Las Vegas and founder Dr. Chelsea Monty-Bromer made Crain’s Notable Entrepreneurs list along with Joren Rapini from emBold!
- Both SweatID and NelDerm were selected as winners of MAGNET’s 2021 Mspire competition, which focuses on manufacturing entrepreneurs.
- Our friends at Drips and our client orthobrain made Cleveland Innos’ top startups to watch in 2022 list. Drips was also featured in Deloitte’s 2021 North America Technology Fast 500 Rankings.
- Bezlio was featured in Crain’s Cleveland Business.
- Fontus Blue was featured in the Water Finance & Management Journal for the great work they are doing for the city of Akron.
- 02 Regentech was accepted into a global accelerator.
- And have you checked our OY-L Skincare? Make sure to visit Incubator graduate Andrea Pierce-Naymon’s store, Orange Rose Apothecary, in Hudson!
The above are just a few highlights for our amazing clients since so many wonderful things happened this year!
Our Software Accelerator is a minimum three-month program for startups in any industry developing a software product. Last year, we helped six clients with their marketing and growth strategy while also providing access to experienced advisors and mentors. The goal is to guide these startups towards revenue and investment readiness.
There were some fun highlights for new and old clients. RustBit Studio is currently building a cooperative game called The Grip of Madness which is now available to add to your Steam wishlist, an online gaming platform. TonDone, a client since 2020, also exhibited at the CES 2022 conference and was featured in our startup showcase.
Make sure to check out the rest of our 2021 Accelerator clients, as well:
- Eric Does Data, LLC
- Global Health Metrics
- Lahmonator LLC
- LEAF Solar Design Assistant
- RustBit Studio
We are looking forward to what these companies accomplish this year!
Looking forward to 2022!
As tech startups continue to rise in Ohio, we look forward to discovering more amazing entrepreneurs in our local region and keeping an eye on what our clients accomplish.
If you or someone you know is looking to develop a product or needs help with their startup, make sure to reach out to us, and we can point you in the right direction.