By Molly Carpenter, Community & Events Coordinator
Hosting meetings and events in a world affected by COVID-19 has completely transformed business as usual for many companies in the last year. Bounce Innovation Hub is one such business that has been focused on planning and transforming our event and meeting space to accommodate in-person meetings.
Since reopening in May 2020, our team has spent time researching and staying up-to-date on all local, state and federal guidelines to ensure that we are providing safe conference and event space to our members and the public. Some protocols we’ve adopted include: lowering capacity to ensure social distancing, maintaining social distancing in all spaces, mandatory wearing of masks, implementation of sanitation stations, and maintaining around-the-clock cleaning and maintenance of high traffic areas.
Now that we’re finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we’re planning for the safe return of in-person events, we’ve created an guide for all gatherings, as of April 15.
Guidelines for events and meetings at Bounce (as of 4-15-21)
Signal Tree Events Space (normal capacity 250)
- We can now host a maximum of 70 people in our Signal Tree event space
- Movie-theater-style seating can accommodate up to 70 people while following social distancing guidelines.
- A “pod” layout can accommodate 42 people using our 5-foot rectangular tables.
- We can also accommodate many other layouts to fit a client’s needs, including connecting clients with a third-party rental company to rent any style of tables or chairs we do not carry on site.
- All guests must wear masks in the event space, with the exception of eating and drinking while seated.
- Boxed meals and bottled beverages are encouraged unless there is a designated server for food and beverages.
- Maintaining social distancing is still required.
- Please encourage guests to stay home if they are feeling sick.
- A guest list for contact tracing purposes is required.
- All meetings held on weekdays after 7 p.m. and on weekends must pay for private security provided by Bounce.
- Our biggest conference room can host up to 10 guests, while our smallest can accommodate three guests.
- Conference rooms are cleaned each morning and in between bookings.
- All guests in the Generator space must wear masks, with the exception of eating and drinking while seated.
- All tables and chairs have been socially distanced, and the floors have been clearly marked to designate placement of chairs to maintain that distance.
- The floors have been marked to show the desired flow of traffic in the space.
- Guests have access to the sanitation station to wipe down the workspace before and after use.
- Our janitorial staff is always available during standard business hours.
Visit us any time Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to take a tour of the Generator and see our various-sized conference rooms and event space. You can also visit our website (www.bouncehub.org) for more information on coworking and to request to book conference or event space.