You are invited as we present a showcase of our most promising startups from each of our six programs. This event is a perfect way for the community
You are invited as we present a showcase of our most promising startups from each of our six programs. This event is a perfect way for the community to see the outcomes of Bounce’s programming and connect with companies as potential mentors, customers or investors.
In addition to the showcase, this year there will be a half-day of content, which will include entrepreneur-focused workshops and one-on-one time with select business advisors.
Afternoon Presentations, Office Hours and Workshops
Noon – Doors Open
12:30 p.m. – Orientation
1 p.m. – Opening Presentations
- Finding Entrepreneurial Motivation – Presentation on starting your entrepreneurial journey and the motivation to say yes and get going. Presented by Billy Taylor, CEO, LinkedXL (1:00pm to 1:30pm)
- Navigating the Small Business Ecosystem – Learn about navigating the Akron small business ecosystem and necessary first steps in getting your business up and running. Presented by Ace Epps, Director of Inclusive Entrepreneurship, Bounce Innovation Hub (1:35 – 2:00pm)
- Startup Theory from Founders – Panel discussion on the top startup theory and philosophies related to launching your startup from experienced founders. Presented by James Hilton, Senior Director of Entrepreneurial Services, Bounce Innovation Hub (1:35 – 2:00pm)
2:30 p.m. – Office Hours / Workshops / Table Discussions
- Pitching a Startup and Mastering Brevity
- Raising Capital
- Customer Discovery and Validating Your Idea
- Finding Your MVP
- Access to Capital and Business Credit
- Business Plan vs. Action Plan
- Small Business Marketing
- Small Business Certifications: The Benefits
4:45 p.m. – Closing Presentation of afternoon programming
Evening Networking, Table Discussions and Pitches
5:30 p.m. – Arrivals / Table Discussions / Networking
6:15 p.m. – Opening Remarks
6:30 p.m. – Pitches:
- Diva de la Creme, Denise Williams (MORTAR at Bounce)
- Shoo.in, Jason Edwards (Next Level Incubator)
- orthobrain, Dan German (Technology Incubator)
- Vigeo Gardens, Vinny Peterson (Technology Incubator)
- TonDone, Matt Crowley and Bill Wichert (Software Accelerator)
- Bust a Move Bras, Alison Leddy (MAGNET Iterator)
7:30 p.m. – Table Discussions / Networking
Drinks and light food will be available until 8 p.m.
Table discussions and networking may continue beyond 8 p.m.
Afternoon programming tickets are available for $5 each, and evening pitch session tickets are available for $10 each. Any attendee that purchases a ticket to the afternoon programming will receive a code for 50% off one ticket to attend the evening pitch session.
More details to come soon, including descriptions of each workshop and a list of companies that will be presenting in the showcase!
Please contact Molly at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.