Posted May 3, 2020
To our members, tenants and the community at large, thank you all for cooperating with state guidelines. We know this has been a stressful time for everyone and we appreciate your efforts; know that they contributed to the success of Ohio’s COVID-19 response.
And now it is time to start to open back up again. To that, Bounce announces the following:
BOUNCE REOPENING TO PUBLIC MAY 12
Per the State of Ohio’s partial lifting of the stay-at-home order on April 27, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bounce will reopen to the public on May 12 with new safety protocols in place. What this means:
- Doors will be open to the public 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; members and tenants will continue to have 24/7 keycard access.
- The front desk will be manned full-time and we will accept coworking day passes once again.
- The Bounce staff will be working in the building again on a staggered schedule.
- Programming continues with in-person classes and cohorts resuming on a case-by-case basis; most client meetings will continue to occur by phone or video conferencing.
- First-floor conference and meeting rooms are available for use/rental, as long as social distancing is achieved and attendance complies with applicable State mandates (currently no more than 10 people in attendance).
- The café seating area will be available for use; however, dining inside is not permitted until further notice from the state.
- Due to social distancing restraints, large tours of the facility will continue to be prohibited.
SAFE AND CLEAN ENVIRONMENT
As we start to slowly open up again, we want to make sure we are doing what’s best for Bounce, as well as our companies, members and visitors. We will continue to ensure a safe and clean working environment. Here are some of the ways we are already doing this:
- While the stay-at-home order was in effect, we have had at least one team member on site daily to oversee cleaning and maintenance of the facility and to conduct Bounce minimum basic operations, while maintaining social distancing.
- During this time, Bounce maintained a full-time cleaning and maintenance crew and increased daily efforts.
- We continue to work closely with Akron Energy Systems to ensure airflow quality and HVAC performance.
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS STARTING MAY 4
All that said, we not in the clar quite yet – the above can only be achieved by instituting new safety protocols. Starting May 4, Bounce will be implementing all state-mandated and recommended guidelines in the public/common areas. This includes all hallways, elevators, mailroom, bathrooms with multiple stalls, conference rooms, stairwells, the café, coworking area, esports center and the Workshop.
To that, Bounce mandates that ALL Bounce employees, tenants, visitors, coworkers and guests are required to:
- Maintain six feet between individuals. We have developed signage and markings throughout the facility, and especially on the first floor, to help guide and enforce social distancing.
- Wash hands and clean surfaces regularly. We will provide cleaning supplies throughout the Generator and will continue the increased cleaning by our team in the incubator (floors 2-9).
- Wear a face covering. (Gear must cover the mouth and nose during the duration of time in the public areas of Bounce. This rule does not apply to children under 2-years-old, someone who can’t wear a mask as a result of a medical condition or those otherwise exempt according to the state of Ohio.)
- Perform a daily self-assessment of symptoms and
- Stay home if symptomatic of COVID-19 or the common flu/cold.
We want to roll things out slowly and steadily as we build back up to normal. To that, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow any further orders from the state.
As always, we will continue to communicate via email, Slack, newsletters, website and social media. We are here to help and will serve as best as we can at this time.
For Generator questions, please contact Rose Saborse at [email protected].
For GROW programs, please contact Ace Epps at [email protected].
For more information or to apply for a program/assistance, visit www.bouncehub.org.
Thank you and welcome back!
Doug Weintraub, CEO
Jessica Sublett, COO
Jeanine Black, CMO