Located on the eighth floor of Bounce, Consolidus, a software developer for the promotional-product industry, is making strides with major growth. By the end of last year, the 15-person company had designed and delivered more than 20 million branded products to customers around the world and accelerated its growth rate by 29 percent. New technologies and new team members have helped put them at a 35 percent growth rate for this year.
Founded in 2006 by Jeffrey “Jeff” Jones, Consolidus provides print and promotional materials through their online store, BrandItShop, while using a web-based platform, called SmartSites, to streamline their customers’ purchases of branded promotional materials, such as apparel, coffee cups and decals. Clients include hospitals, universities, corporations and nonprofits in more than 100 cities across the globe. The platform allows multiple users at large organizations to access their own, custom, online store. This also helps ensure each organization is following brand standards.
To better serve its growing customer base, Consolidus is introducing new technology and platforms, which include:
- A reporting and customer relationship management (CRM) system called the “Dashboard” for their internal team
- GroupBuy, a service that allows multiple customers to coordinate and keep their orders together through Consolidus’ integrated platforms
- Promos4Nonprofits.com, a Consolidus SmartSite designed specifically to help nonprofits meet their branding and promotional product needs
New team members
Over the past few months, Consolidus has added several new members to its team. These new roles were created to gauge consumer insight, develop costumer relationships and create awareness of the company. Some of the additions to the Consolidus team include:
- Kim Gergel, director of development
- Amanda Wishnek, corporate sales director and program manager
- Amy Einck, nonprofit marketing thought leader
- Tabitha Graves and Adam Biats, marketing interns from The University of Akron
Consolidus is also actively seeking potential new hires to continue to advance its business. (Learn more about job opportunities at Consolidus here.)
Receiving recognition for growth
Over the past several months, Consolidus received several awards and recognition based off its growth. These awards and distinctions were presented by business and entrepreneurship publications, industry thought leaders and more.
Some of the most recent honors Consolidus received include:
- The Weatherhead 100 Upstart award
- The Inner City 100 award, ranked by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City
- The Inc. 5000 award for fast-growing, private companies (for the second consecutive year)
Additionally, Consolidus was recognized by cleveland.com for their work at Bounce in this article last year.
With its expanding recognition, team and technology, Consolidus is building upon a successful business model – and promises big things in 2019.