MORTAR at Bounce
MORTAR at Bounce is a 15-week business accelerator that helps existing and emerging non-tech entrepreneurs learn the nuances of business ownership and build a comprehensive business canvas.
The program is open to everyone with a non-tech business or idea, but focuses on minority and women entrepreneurs. We want to make sure these historically marginalized groups get the opportunity to use their talents to not just make a dollar, but to positively participate in the rise of Northeast Ohio.
Fall 2020 Schedule
Applications for the fall are now closed.
Classes start August 18 and are virtual due to the State of Ohio orders in response to the covid-19 pandemic. We will resume in-person classes at Bounce as soon as we are able.
Pitch Night: November 17
Last class: November 24
Classes occur every Tuesday, 6-8 p.m.
The cost is $295 for the entire 15 weeks with an 18-month alumni program to follow.
The program will be facilitated by the Bounce staff, led by Ace Epps, director of inclusive entrepreneurship.
At this time, MORTAR at Bounce is only accepting FOR-PROFIT entrepreneurs and businesses. If you are a nonprofit seeking assistance, please contact Mike Jefferson at email@example.com to learn more about our other GROW programs.
Fall 2020 Cohort
This course includes:
- Culturally competent curriculum and materials
- Cohort model for driven entrepreneurs to support each other
- Access to legal support
- One-on-one mentorship to provide guidance throughout the course
- Opportunity to pitch your idea in front of potential investors, community leaders and customers
- Ongoing support system provided by MORTAR and partner organizations
- Business support and brand development strategies that continue even after graduation
Although no two classes are the same, here is a typical week-by-week outline.
- Meet weekly for three hours
- “Putting in Work” outside of class
- Guest speakers
- Weekly meetings with mentors
- Celebrating success & learning from failure
Week by week:
- Weeks 1-5: Foundations
- Weeks 6-10: The Core
- Weeks 11-15: Really Real