MORTAR at Bounce
MORTAR at Bounce is a 15-week business accelerator that helps existing and emerging entrepreneurs learn the nuances of business ownership and build a comprehensive business canvas.
The program is open to any entrepreneur or small business owner, while focusing on minorities and women.
MORTAR Cohort 4 applications are now closed.
Get ahead of the game and apply today for MORTAR Cohort 5; classes start Aug. 24.
MORTAR Cohort 4
Classes start May 4
Applications are now closed
MORTAR Cohort 5
Classes start Aug. 24
Applications officially open May 1
Classes occur every Tuesday, 6-8 p.m., for 15 weeks.
The cost is $295 for the entire 15 weeks with an 18-month graduate program to follow.
At this time, MORTAR at Bounce is only accepting FOR-PROFIT entrepreneurs and businesses. If you are a nonprofit seeking assistance, please contact Asha McDuffie at email@example.com to learn more about our other GROW programs.
Winter 2021 Cohort 3
Ivra Bassett, Ivra Bassett Agency
Stacie Carter, 1Body Advancement, Inc
Dray Evans, The 10 Spot
Tiffanie Gaines-Goler, Here We Grow Child Enrichment Center
Angie Higgins, Embracing UR Journey
Latif Hughes, School House Productions
Micah Jefferson, Mell’s Million-Dollar Mindset
Taylor McKinnie, Mizz Shakesum
Eric Nichols, Eric Does Data, LLC
Barbara (Barb) Stacy, 1Life Health Coaching
Regina Tyson / Tanika Beard, Angelic Hearts
Denise Williams, Diva de la Creme, LLC.
Kara Wilson, Phonenix Financial Services
Kimberly Zeiner, Maudern Designs LLC,
This course includes:
- Culturally competent curriculum and materials
- Cohort model for driven entrepreneurs to support each other
- Access to legal support
- One-on-one mentorship to provide guidance throughout the course
- Opportunity to pitch your idea in front of potential investors, community leaders and customers
- Ongoing support system provided by MORTAR and partner organizations
- Business support and brand development strategies that continue even after graduation
Although no two classes are the same, here is a typical week-by-week outline.
- Meet weekly for three hours
- “Putting in Work” outside of class
- Guest speakers
- Weekly meetings with mentors
- Celebrating success & learning from failure
Week by week:
- Weeks 1-5: Foundations
- Weeks 6-10: The Core
- Weeks 11-15: Really Real