MORTAR at Bounce
MORTAR at Bounce is a 15-week business accelerator that helps existing and emerging entrepreneurs learn the nuances of business ownership and build a comprehensive business canvas.
The program is open to any entrepreneur or small business owner, while focusing on minorities and women.
MORTAR Cohort 6
Applications for cohort 6 are now closed.
Classes start in January 2022 and occur every Tuesday, 6-8 p.m.
The cost is $295 for the 15-week program with an 18-month graduate program to follow.
At this time, MORTAR at Bounce is only accepting FOR-PROFIT entrepreneurs and businesses.
Fall 2021 Cohort 5
Join us for food, music and good vibes as we celebrate our MORTAR cohort 5 with a pitch competition and graduation on Nov. 23
|Teressa Dixon||Sunshine Senior Homecare Agency|
|Calvin Reynolds||Reynold’s Chili|
|Erin Whitfield||Legacy Financial Solutions|
|Daveida IdDeen||The Touch of Aeri’L LLC|
|Jermaine Hill||The Flavor Grille|
|Mariah Jones||Jones Décor|
|Ray Torrence||Coach Ray’s Fitness Club|
|Shandelia Young Parham||Ordained Kre8tions|
|Trudie Latson||Audacious Staffing, LLC|
|Toni McDowell||Preciously Styled by Toni Dwanè|
|SheRonn Fort||Candied Confection|
|Carmen B. McCall||Pearl’s Pantry|
|Melissa Lyons||All Walks Yoga|
|Davida Franklin Hunter||Food On Da Move|
|Markia Sims||Zoe Wheels LLC|
This course includes:
- Culturally competent curriculum and materials
- Cohort model for driven entrepreneurs to support each other
- Access to legal support
- One-on-one mentorship to provide guidance throughout the course
- Opportunity to pitch your idea in front of potential investors, community leaders and customers
- Ongoing support system provided by MORTAR and partner organizations
- Business support and brand development strategies that continue even after graduation
Although no two classes are the same, here is a typical week-by-week outline.
- Meet weekly for three hours
- “Putting in Work” outside of class
- Guest speakers
- Weekly meetings with mentors
- Celebrating success & learning from failure
Week by week:
- Weeks 1-5: Foundations
- Weeks 6-10: The Core
- Weeks 11-15: Really Real