MORTAR at Bounce
MORTAR at Bounce is a 15-week small business accelerator that helps established entrepreneurs take a deeper dive into the nuances of business ownership and build a comprehensive business canvas to grow their company.
The program is guided by a culturally competent curriculum and cohort-style classes encourage entrepreneurs to support each other. It focuses on serving minority- and woman-owned businesses, but applications are open to any entrepreneur or small business owner.
Ultimately, the goal of the program is to strengthen local economies and create jobs.
MORTAR is a part of the GROW program at Bounce.
MORTAR Cohort 7 starts May 10
Classes occur every Tuesday, 6-8 p.m.
The cost is $295 for the 15-week program with an 18-month graduate program to follow.
At this time, MORTAR at Bounce is only accepting FOR-PROFIT entrepreneurs and businesses.
Current Cohort 6
|Cat Alaimo & Bridgette Zmorowski|
A2Z Living Well Solutions Ltd.
Preciously Styled by Toni Dwane
|Lori Henry Parnell|
Black Culture Candles
All4U Alkaline Healing
Database Craftsmen, LLC
Sunshine Senior Homecare Agency
Bereka Coffee & Kitchen
A Choyce Touch, LLC
|Jess Taylor & Natalie Ringeis|
Love the Green Life
This course includes:
- Culturally competent curriculum and materials
- Cohort model for driven entrepreneurs to support each other
- Access to legal support
- One-on-one mentorship to provide guidance throughout the course
- Opportunity to pitch your idea in front of potential investors, community leaders and customers
- Ongoing support system provided by MORTAR and partner organizations
- Business support and brand development strategies that continue even after graduation
Although no two classes are the same, here is a typical week-by-week outline.
- Meet weekly for three hours
- “Putting in Work” outside of class
- Guest speakers
- Weekly meetings with mentors
- Celebrating success & learning from failure
Week by week:
- Weeks 1-5: Foundations
- Weeks 6-10: The Core
- Weeks 11-15: Really Real