MORTAR at Bounce
MORTAR at Bounce is a 15-week business accelerator that helps existing and emerging entrepreneurs learn the nuances of business ownership and build a comprehensive business canvas.
The program is open to any entrepreneur or small business owner, while focusing on minorities and women.
Applications for MORTAR Cohort 5 are now open! Deadline is May 28; classes start Aug. 24
MORTAR Cohort 5
Applications are now open!
Classes start Aug. 24
Classes occur every Tuesday, 6-8 p.m., for 15 weeks.
The cost is $295 for the entire 15 weeks with an 18-month graduate program to follow.
At this time, MORTAR at Bounce is only accepting FOR-PROFIT entrepreneurs and businesses. If you are a nonprofit seeking assistance, please contact Asha McDuffie at email@example.com to learn more about our other GROW programs.
Spring 2021 Cohort 4
Jacqueline Achadu, Hunny Bunnys Confections
Alisha Anderson, 3 Eleven Productions
Delone Carter, GetGritFit
Kiana Davis, All4U Alkaline Healing LLC
Savannah Griggs, Sweet and Savvy LLC
Grace Irvin-Dillard, Touched by Grace Body Care
Peter James, Rubber City Gardens
Micah Jefferson, Mells Million-Dollar Mindset
Denise Jenkins, Rubber City Sweet Shop
Lori Julien, Marigold Sol
Sharon Shepherd-Harvey, Simpli Skyn
Rachel Spiteri, Kaleidoscopology
This course includes:
- Culturally competent curriculum and materials
- Cohort model for driven entrepreneurs to support each other
- Access to legal support
- One-on-one mentorship to provide guidance throughout the course
- Opportunity to pitch your idea in front of potential investors, community leaders and customers
- Ongoing support system provided by MORTAR and partner organizations
- Business support and brand development strategies that continue even after graduation
Although no two classes are the same, here is a typical week-by-week outline.
- Meet weekly for three hours
- “Putting in Work” outside of class
- Guest speakers
- Weekly meetings with mentors
- Celebrating success & learning from failure
Week by week:
- Weeks 1-5: Foundations
- Weeks 6-10: The Core
- Weeks 11-15: Really Real